View Single Post
Old 05.10.2016, 11:33 PM   #56
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Ok that transition from burn the witch into next track totally needed to go together. If you like radiohead this is good shit. Like earthy coffee on a crisp and cold Portland winter morning..
Desert Island comes out of no where like how New Potato Caboose emerges from the sonic chaos of the end of That's It For The Other One on Grateful Dead Anthem to the Sun. And the transition from Decks Dark noise too Desert Island's acoustic guitar creates that same mushroom trip effect, leaving you bewildered but curious..
Ful Stop reminds me of the score from The Terminator (1984).. it could use some guitars but then again it sounds like they might be using them in that swirling noise.. oh wait halfway there's the guitar!!

Alright I'm totally into this record. Sometimes it has that campy feeling that is in vogue in English music lately that totally ruined that new PJ for me but not too the point of killing it yet.

I'm liking this album in immediate sense even more than ln Rainbows. It feels more Hail to the Thief to me. And its weird, this is the album i feared, where they finally just stop using guitars but oddly i still really like it!

Before Hail To TheThief came out i read a Spin review that was hyper critical and said it was too electronic driven and not enough guitar work.. i remember being legitimately nervous that i was not going to like therecord. The day it came out i went and bought it (because this is what folks did in those days) and i remember laughing hysterically to myself at how wrong that review was. Hail to the thief is a guitar driven record and some of theirbest guitar work..

My barometer for radiohead is guitars. I always loved radiohead for their guitars. This record so far epitomizes every thing i potentially don't like about radiohead yet i find myself particularly digging it

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|