View Single Post
Old 05.10.2016, 10:16 PM   #50
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Well in many respects that has more or less been radiohead for the past 15 years.. you either dig it or you won't but it is what it is..

Update: My refund went through but I forgot the card at home, looking totally forward to downloading the record tonight and listening to it with my post-work celebratory brews

The original single Burn the Witch SUCKS!!! The other single is good.. I hope the album is more the other.. I admit to having been totally disappointed with King of Limbs, having NOT bothered to even pick up a copy for over a year until a friend of mine not only made me listen to he brought me a CDR.. even then I was like.... hmmmmmm.. until I found that Live from the Basement disc!!!!

So I am hoping that this will be better experience otherwise I will have to wait for a live version to circulate like I did last time.. To be sure I can appreciate the studio version of TKOL now but not initially

Same. All around, same. Except I did buy TKOL when it came out, but I was basically like "uuuuughhghhhhhhh" — it just did nothing for me.

The From the Basement version is just inarguably better. The studio version didn't contain "Staircase" or "The Daily Mail," which I just don't fucking get. If they weren't done with the songs, they should have waited to release the album. And why the hell wasn't "Supercollider" on TKOL? WHY?

Upon release, it was their worst fucking album since Pablo. Had nothing going for it except for "Give up the Ghost."

When I heard From the Basement, I was floored. I think they should just stop printing the studio version and replace it with FTB, even though I too learned to appreciate the studio version after Basement showed me the real strength behind those songs.

I disagree about Burn the Witch. I like it more and more every day. Daydreaming, on the other hand, was glorious at first but now I have a hard time telling when it ends and Decks Dark begins. It's still one of the better songs on the album (a couple of them are just flat out snoozers) but I feel like it's missing something.

"Ful Stop" is my favorite song on the new one, no question. That mother just cranks. Love it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|