View Single Post
Old 10.23.2014, 09:41 AM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
to me, a musician getting paid for their music to be used in ads and such things is not "selling out." It may cheapen them, cheapen the music, etc., but it is not selling out.

to me selling out is actively changing what you do to try and please the lowest common denominator, in order to then make more profit. making your songs the way you want then selling them to Honda or whatever is one thing, but actually crafting your music to try and appeal to a fanbase that never before gave a shit about you and will never give a shit about your previous music? sell out.