View Single Post
Old 04.03.2017, 02:55 PM   #4617
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Finished up Schopenhauer's Essays & Aphorisms. http://rxttbooks.blogspot.com/2017/0...en-all-my.html

I feel that the field of philosophy is one where the individual great thinkers should be studied, not for the truth they uncovered about the world, but for how they saw the world they inhabited. Too many pedantic people get fixated on one philosopher whose ideas about existence so mirror their own ideas that other philosophers are neglected. This is the sign of a closed, simple mind, one that cannot comprehend that it is in their best interest to read widely, think deeply, and then to come up with their personal ideas about existence. This is the best way to read philosophy. It is a map to human thought, not a set of rules to live by.

😂😂😂

i love the bluntness of those opinions man!

calling people closed-minded and simple-minded ha ha ha ha

j'accuse

also, nice choice quotes

now, he said some horrible things about women, didn't he?

e.g.

Women are directly adapted to act as the nurses and educators of our early childhood, for the simple reason that they themselves are childish, foolish, and short-sighted—in a word, are big children all their lives, something intermediate between the child and the man, who is a man in the strict sense of the word. Consider how a young girl will toy day after day with a child, dance with it and sing to it; and then consider what a man, with the very best intentions in the world, could do in her place.

haaaa haaa haaaaa. i do feel that way, i do, when it comes to comparing my wife's talents with kids vs mine. but i think it's because she's smarter and i'm stupider.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|