Thread: Proms 2010
View Single Post
Old 05.10.2010, 06:19 AM   #1
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Announced: here

Lots of the usual suspects; excessive amount of Mahler (but different conductors, so that's nice). I like Mahler, but I do wonder whether he really needs to have everything played.

Some I'm particularly interested in:

27th Jul: Hahn doing Beethoven's 1st, 5th and the violin concerto in D. Not that exciting, but I'd be interested to hear what she'll do with the 5th.

28th Jul: Stockhausen, Birtwhistle, Zimmerman

1 Aug: Silly, silly prom. Do the whole things or fuck off. I'm getting increasingly infuriated that Wagner or Berlioz are reduced to excerpts in bigger concert line-ups. It's not the Tristan overture (again) but it's still ridiculous.

6th Aug: Knussen, Abrahamsen, Bedford, Benjamin

9th Aug: Madfai/ Allami. I heard Allami recently, really good for someone far too young to be that good.

11th Aug: Ligeti! Langgaard! Sibelius 5!

17th Aug: Part's St John! I'll try quite hard indeed to make that one.

20th Aug: Cage, Cardew, Skempton, Feldman (!!!) - DEFINITELY nipping along for that.

2nd Sept: WF Bach, Arne, Perlegosi. Brilliant.

4th Sept: Young (ish) composers, done by the Ardittis. Brilliant.

Last night: wall to wall AIDS. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|