View Single Post
Old 02.16.2013, 10:01 PM   #82
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
yeah that makes sense. It's tough for me though cuz I kind of hate bootlegs. But for sure, in this case the bootlegs are closer to the intended material. Though I do find the resulting uh "legit" releases interesting as counterpoint to the source material.

I agree about bootlegs. I like true bootlegs (i.e. live concert recordings, preferably soundboard) but in regards to leaked copies, I usually wait for the better original mix to come out. However, sometimes leaks are better. For example, I still only listen to the leaked version of deftones White Pony, I think it is better than the final mix. I haven't heard it, but all the radiohead fans tell me the leaked Kid-A is WAY better than the later released version.

With the Makaveli bootlegs, bootlegs isn't the best name. They are more like the unreleased rough mixes that Eddie Kramer and Jeanne Hendrix later released, however in this instance, not quite legitimately. Again, I just can't even listen to those reissues, even though I want to respect Afeni on this one, artistically, I have to disagree regardless of the politics.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|