View Single Post
Old 08.01.2006, 03:42 PM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Becuz as a whole, America tends to like things they've heard before.

Electronic music contains too many sounds people haven't heard before.

Therefore Americans don't like electronic music.

that's a load of shit. americans love electronic music. the problem is that electronic music/dance music is treated a s very disposable in the usa, much more so than anyhere else. it is a soundtrack to dance to and the moment something new to dance to comes along it is discarded. the same thing happens to hip hop here but in a slower way.

i gues sit all lies in how we treat it. techno is techno (I am dating myself here)
I find it personally very dull. Unless there are many changes ansd bridges and varied beats , which is rare, each song is essentially a near endless repeat of the same loop.

i am just too huge a fan of actual instruments, not programmed sounds coming off of a CPU.