View Single Post
Old 02.14.2011, 11:20 PM   #25
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Jimi hendrix's soloing doesnt do it for me, BUt, I love the chords he played on some songs, adding little riffs in between. Some weird unique stuff, and the noise on Machine Gun was pretty rad for it's time.

I like the guitarist for the Monks as well, who was using feedback and wah before hendrix and actually inspired hendrix. They were so fucking raw.

That said, I like George Harrison better than Hendrix. Seriously, his guitar riffs in early beatles songs made up for their lyrics. Latter half of beatles career he got kinda wanky, but in the early days when he'd hold back and just put as much as he could into a short solo or riff, it was awesome.

His solos were pretty classical in nature, and in the medium of rock back then, ahead of its time too.

The harmonic thing he and paul do together on "Your bird can sing" is brilliant.

But really, surf rock solos are my favorite ever.

This song by The Jokers has some rad shit in it for the early 60s...

remeniscent of thurston shit, behind the bridge playing etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-21l...eature=related
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|