View Single Post
Old 11.02.2007, 01:59 PM   #34
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkimified
I think a lot of the most hardcore Nirvana fans are probably people who first heard them in grade school, and it was their first taste of alternative or heavy/distorted music with yelling and whatnot. I know that was the case for me.

One of my friends had only listened to classical music and oldies before he started listening to Nirvana in highschool. Now he has every Nirvana release, listens to and creates post-punk/new wave/noise rock whatever-music...

It's a great gateway album into new and interesting things. And if you ever read any books about Nirvana and whatnot, it pulls you out of the mainstream world into a crazy world of magical and adventurous artists you've never heard of before, and gives kids the idea that even THEY can create music that could become popular.

Yay Nirvana!

Yes that is how it was for me when I listened to Nirvana in the Tenth grade. It blew my mind, before I was listening to all these pop-pink bands like Green Day, Blink 182 and all that shit. When I found them, I started looking for interviews and whatnot. Finally I read books about them and discover other bands. Through interviews I first heard of Sonic Youth. Then I heard 100% and it blew me away. I agree that if you really get into nirvana you it will be a gateway to other greater bands.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|