View Single Post
Old 02.12.2015, 04:50 PM   #38020
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
That's certainly a huge contributing factor. I'd consider myself an introvert. But there are also situations that just make me question the judgement of other people and then in turn my own judgement. Guess I just need my obligatory distance from time to time.

the thing with herds is that they don't think for themselves but rather follow the follower. herds inherently lack judgment. flocking is an instinct for safety... but it doesn't always work because said lack of judgment. e.g., people buying houses at the peak of the housing bubble, or ditching their investments at the bottom of the recession.

the suffering of introverts (a minority) comes from the feeling of obligation to fit in with extroverts (a majority) which causes them to grate against their own nature and get into the foulest of situations. i remember when i trying to "fit in" ha ha ha-- i never did and all i got was misery.

i learned a while ago (thanks, therapy!) that it's better to build a hospitable environment around yourself-- i don't mean isolate yourself in a cult, but you know, do things that are good for you personally not necessarily desirable by "the majority" (whatever that is).

(freud never actually said that but i enjoy that meme)

and i posted this before, elsewhere, but here it goes again:

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|