View Single Post
Old 12.31.2011, 07:42 PM   #18
Dude McDude
bad moon rising

Dude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's asses
When i discovered sister i would listen to it back to back 2-3 times in a row every day. I was addicted. When i discovered daydream nation i was afraid to listen to it too often because the experience of listening to the album in its entirety blew me away completely every time. Listening to the music made me absorb in their universe, and i guess i just was way more receptive to the experience back then compared to nowadays.

Most of their stuff has had a huge impact on me, each in it's own unique way. Listening to bad moon rising has probably been the closest i've been to a bad trip without actually having those kind of substances in my body. Most of their other music has put me in touch with what i would describe as something sublime or spiritual, with lack for better words from someone who religion or etheral new age concepts are completely wasted on.

Coming from that i rarely listen to their music anymore. They put me in touch with personal emotional experiences which i assume people are looking for in drugs, and that has meant a great deal to me. It seems though that in my case the need for these experiences has diminished a great deal nowadays, probably because i've learned to deal with my life in other ways.

I'm not sentimental about it, yet i am pretty grateful as well as certain that their (and others) music has helped me deal with heaps of shit in a way that kept me on track when i needed it the most.

the colony of unlimited power will pass a despot of hardly any man
Dude McDude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|