View Single Post
Old 01.19.2017, 10:07 PM   #1036
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Last night I watched the final two episodes of The Fall. I really enjoyed that series. Gillian Anderson is really good, and is consistently so. I'm of course a big fan of The X-Files, and really liked her in Hannibal. So with The Fall, its her chance to finally be the star of her own series, and she did not disappoint. And her next series will be American Gods. So, she certainly knows how to pick a good series.

Wait, who's she set to play in American Gods? I either never heard about or forgot this.

I'm not yet super convinced that AG will live up to the hype. What a tough book to adapt. And while their decision to change up cultural roles is definitely increasing my interest, I still would have absolutely LOVED to have seen Richard Attenborough (before, you know, he died... RIP) as Wednesday. And if not him, Billy Connolly would have done the role justice.

Ian McShane intrigues me though. A dark haired Scot playing a Latino version of Odin. Is that whitewashing, the opposite of whitewashing, or something else altogether? Anyway... for a more ominous and frightening Wednesday/Odin who is nothing like what the book describes, it's a pretty good choice.

Still, I feel like there was a missed opportunity with this one. This should have been made ages ago. As a movie. Directed by Terry Gilliam. With Clive Owen as Shadow, Attenborough or Connolly as Wednesday, and Morgan Freeman as Anansi. Maybe Naomi Watts as ghost-wife whatshername.

Sigh.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|