View Single Post
Old 03.13.2012, 03:59 PM   #7
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
That is one pricy CD player, gmku. Just curious, what about it makes the unit so expensive?

Yeah, you know, I generally dislike CD players. I've never been able to put my finger on it exactly. They don't sound good to me, and they are almost always inelegant looking and functioning.

This one makes my CDs sound as good as my LPs, i.e., it makes the CD player quality compatible with my turntable quality, meaning I have audiophile quality in both the CD and LP parts of my system.

It's no frills, but it's also very much an audiophile piece soundwise. It has a Pure Direct button that disables digital output and the front panel display, which supposedly makes a difference in the sound. It has a USB port for hooking up an MP3 player or your computer or whatever.

I love the minimalist exterior. Inisde, from what I've read, it has 24-bit DAC, and three separate power supplies for tansport, and for the digital and analog stages.

Has what is called the Silent Loader mechanism. The tray is insanely quiet and smooth--I can put in a CD, load it, press my ear to the unit, and hear NOTHING. No whirring, no running sounds. Nothing.

I decided that if I'm going to enjoy my CDs, I was going to spend some bucks on the playback system.