View Single Post
Old 02.21.2009, 09:43 AM   #17
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
For myself personally, if these bands play well, and write decent tunes, it acts as some consolation for the fact that they're not trying anything new. I may enjoy their gig, but the fact remains the ability to write decent tunes is not enough in music for me anymore. Theres loads of decent tunes out there, and they're actually easier to accomplish then I true innovation with your sound. Maybe I ask alot, but I require of bands to write decent tunes and play them in a way I've not come across before - or else the magic and unexpectedness of music would die out for me. So for regressive acts, I may enjoy their gig if they pull it off well, hell- i may even tap my feet. But would I ever take them more seriously or buy their music? Not a chance.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|