View Single Post
Old 08.05.2008, 05:08 AM   #71
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
If we're taking "greatest" to mean Important or historic (and for sure i didn't really consider it that deeply when i voted) then i think we have come in with a pretty flaky list. I mean, if we're talking records of really musically evolutionary significance then I suspect we can probably all agree that a thousand leaves and nurse are would be first to go and whatever the various affections for BMR, evol and sister might be I reckon that we could maybe leave SY's entrys at DDN and confusion is sex. loveless, for all the brilliance of its execution is very much progeny of SY and dinosaur jr and so could probably bounce as well, Marquee moon is just a fairly energetic guitar rock record so y'know, whatever. Dark side of the moon and space ritual are both stoner nonsense so I'd can floyd and leave it at space ritual.

therefore the moderated and seasonally adjusted top twenty should be

DDN
VU & Nico
White Light/White Heat
Trout Mask Replica
The Beatles
Youre Living All Over Me
Funhouse
Kid A
Junkyard
Space Ritual
Rain Dogs
Spiderland

Junkyard and Youre living all over me remain because, whilst being obvious progeny of Funhouse I like both of them a lot so....
likewise Kid A which probably should 'cede it's position to unknown pleasures or black dog or selected ambient works but i just got really tired.
Rain Dogs? really?

stick in some Can, some Little Richard, Elvis if you must and presto! history of rock 101. I'm going back to bed.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|