View Single Post
Old 07.13.2010, 05:28 PM   #52
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Achtung Baby is a brilliant album.

Achtung Baby is kinda U2 embracing all the musical styles of the early 90s that were better than them , such as Madchester ("Mysterious Ways"), industrial ("The Fly"), and shoegaze ("Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?"). On that last one, the Edge and the rest of the band get a good My Bloody Valentine vibe going, but then Bono has to go and ruin it with perfectly enunciated vocals and down to earth lyrical subject matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
The only U2 track I like is the one they did for the Batman Forever soundtrack. Mainly cause it's not fucking boring like the rest of their stuff.

I heard that song again recently, and I found it actually rocks a lot less than I remember it having done the first time around...maybe because it was louder (you know, backed up by THX and all that)?