View Single Post
Old 09.16.2014, 03:44 AM   #15
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Despite some boring solo material (still looking forward to checking the new one out), I've developed a newfound respect for Thurston as an individual. Maybe a bit of that respect is somewhat abstract, as a lot of it lies with him reminding me that people are people and people change and do things sometimes others will consider crazy or refuse to try and understand from a genuine human perspective influenced by logic more so than emotion. But then there is the fact that he's remained at least somewhat obscure. With Sonic Youth he seemed more accessible in the way of interviews/etc being more common. I like low-key Thurston. I like when one demonstrates an ability to avoid negativity and too much in the way of gossip. It can be hard. We are a highly emotional species after all. Sometimes it's easy to love or hate and spit acid as a result. Seldom is it easy to make an actual attempt to empathize. Thurston's cool. Definitely cooler than that uber cheapskate ex wife of his, even if her more recent recorded material is more interesting. But then again...who really cares? Why really care? As far as any of us should be concerned they are just people who make music. I doubt any of them are showing up to any of our family gatherings and I seriously hope they are working on for more interesting things than worrying over the opinion of fans on a seemingly dying internet forum.