View Single Post
Old 04.08.2016, 09:32 AM   #40
matmosphere
little trouble girl

matmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's assesmatmosphere kicks all y'all's asses
The remaster is the only way I can listen to Goo. I feel like the remaster actually sounds more sincere, like the record the band would have made if they hadn't jumped to the majors.

I'm not down on them for going to Geffen, they did some awesome stuff during that period. They were making music their career so more power to them if they want to make that jump. I just think Goo sounded like a version of Sonic Youth that was meant to be played on MTV next to the Pop, and Rock videos of the day, whereas earlier(and later) Youth didn't fit that bill.

If Goo had the vibe of Sister or Daydream Nation it would be an amazing album. Unfortunately for the longest time is was my least favorite of their albums.
matmosphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|