View Single Post
Old 05.13.2012, 01:24 PM   #15689
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Pulp Fiction is fine, but too much of it was pointless to me. What you said about Kill Bill seems accurate for this one I think. It had more than what was needed, and could've been a lot more entertaining that way if it had been shortened. I think it's overrated, but still worth a watch.

as for Kill Bill, I have yet to see volume 2 believe it or not. The first one was pretty fun, and I loved the last fight scene. It's still nothing special to me... From Dusk Till Dawn is probably my favorite but it was directed by Rodriguez wasn't it? I am a little uncertain about how Tarantino's movies became so popular... aside from the big names he's worked with. Kill Bill kind of surprised me by having an 8 minute sequence done in anime. I wonder how most people reacted to that, but to my knowledge it's receieved a lot of acclaim. Apparently he wants to make a few more sequels. I think he even teased making an anime version.

Also, I often hear about how great his dialogue is, and I just haven't seen it. Or rather, he's far from the best at it. "Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids". Really? He's not too bad though. But this is coming from someone who still hasn't seen a couple of his films. Natural Born Killers is one of them.

From Dusk Till Dawn and Natural Born Killers were both written by Tarantino, but directed by others. FDTD was helmed by Rodriguez, and NBK is an Oliver Stone film. Tarantino actually notoriously hates what Stone did with his script - but honestly, I like NBK a hell of a lot more than anything Tarantino ever directed himself. Trippy visuals, and NIN on the soundtrack - yes plz!

The anime scene from Kill Bill vol. 1 is by Katsuhito Ishii. He's one of my favorite directors ever. His attention to detail is absurd, either that or he just has an immaculate wardrobe department. They're so lively and vibrant too! You can really tell he's an animator by the way he directs. His films Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl, Funky Forest, and The Taste of Tea are definitely ones you should check out. They're right up your alley, man.

The second KB film has more of a modern western feel compared to the samurai-vibe given by the first. I just think they would've bled very interestingly into one another. Sorta like FDTD.

His new flick is about slaves or something and stars DeCaprio. I'm not too excited, but we'll see... I guess.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|