View Single Post
Old 04.16.2016, 03:53 PM   #13
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Well folks, it's out! What the hell are we waiting for? Why aren't we talking about this shit? This is like the indie rock version of a new Beyoncé album or some shit!

My impression so far is that it's a simultaneously sharp and blunt weapon of an album. Musically, it's like a razor. Lyrically it's a bit more like a baseball bat... but while pitchfork thinks that's a sign of Polly Jean forgetting how to write lyrics, I personally think it's deliberate.

The songs are intoxicating. I'm still getting the feel of it. Hard to compare it to Let England Shake, which is one of the best albums ever in my opinion, except to say, as Pitchfork did, that this is kind of like her "Let America Shake."

Sax sounds fucking great all over this thing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|