View Single Post
Old 05.09.2019, 09:24 AM   #133
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Mors Syphilitica - Primrose

Having deejayed at Oldschool Goth events for years now, I've heard a few people talk about rather obscure artists (I know and care about) I previously thought no one around here would care about. I have however never heard anyone talk about Mors Syphilitica, let alone play any of their songs. Which is a damn pity. Since Primrose is a fucking masterpiece in my opinion. Such a lovely album. Probably one of the most romantic pieces I've ever heard. Lots of people talk about Dead Can Dance and Faith And The Muse. I've even heard someone mention The Shroud once. But absolutely no mention of Mors, what gives? It's not like these guys absolutely anonymous separately. Hell, Doc Hammer co-created The Venture Bros. and Lisa Hammer voiced Triana Orpheus. In my opinion, this is a criminally overlooked gem of the gothy Ethereal Wave genre. Lovely, lovely arrangements. And most of all, a very prominent and haunting bass. It's like being transported into another realm. And the structure is tight as fuck.

Blade Fetish - Absinthe

No one seems to talk about this either. Another great, overlooked Ethereal/Darkwave band. Very atmospheric. And there are certain parts that are even seem somewhat shoegazy

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|