View Single Post
Old 04.06.2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
A little story that I haven't had a chance to post yet: I bought Lee's new CD at Other Music before his performance there a couple weeks ago. After his awesome show, I walked to the PATH station to head home. (The PATH is a small subway system connecting NYC to New Jersey.) I entered at the 9th St. station and descended down the long corridor which looks like something from Star Wars with all sorts of pipes running down the ceiling. I get to the platform and sit down to wait for the train. While waiting, I open the CD and check out the artwork, and what do I see? A picture of myself walking down the same corridor 60 seconds earlier! Well, not exactly. I wasn't in the picture, but it was a picture of that corridor. Pretty surreal. This is not exactly a major train station or NYC landmark, so the chances of that were pretty slim.