View Single Post
Old 08.30.2016, 07:37 PM   #19394
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
the h8full eight.. i really digged it. kinda slow burn build up but i love kurt russel and sam jackson so im cool with that.

it was prototypical Tarantino flick. the dialogue was witty, snarky, yet sophisticated. the plot was like a subverted Gabriel Garcia Marquez magical realism, like magical urbanism.. a blend of the criminally psychotic with a gentile politeness, what was so superb about Pulp Fiction.

i felt like it was Pulp Fiction meets Inglorious Bastards set in the west however i didn't see Django so i can't say anything about it.

the scene where the set up took over Minnie's made me realize how much this polite ambush trope is a big part of Tarantino flicks (Vincent and Jules at Marvin's apartment, the wedding scene in Kill Bill, the Nazis raid in Inglorious Bastard.. the ambush at Minnie'a in h8ful eight) i never realized it was all the same until this one
i particularly liked the costumes and cinematography.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|