View Single Post
Old 03.01.2007, 09:58 AM   #56
the bates dynasty
empty page

the bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
sonicat? are you from china?>?? I have few chineese==( how the hell you spell it) friends, asked them to bring me sonic youth cd from china (you know with them chinese alphabet and stuff on the cover). They couldnt find any, which is unbeliebvable to me. Is that possible? Or they just didn;t know where to go and buy it? sorry for my spelling, I'm bit drunk @ mo. lucky you europeans, who were in china!!!

ya we're pretty pumped over here! i work at an international school here w/ a lot of americans, canadians and others and there's as big of a group of our teachers going to this show as we had for the rolling stones last year!

when i first heard they were coming to shanghai i thought it was a joke, but when i realized it was true i didn't care how illogical it seemed, i just got the word out! i never thought i'd see a band like sonic youth in china. i saw them this past summer in the states and it was great but twice in less than a year, too nice! i can't figure out why they're coming, it'll be good for them if they get to have fun while there here, but i've never seen an official copy of a SY album here. i've seen a bunch of pirate copies though; nurse, leaves, washing machine, murray st. and a couple others. (it's pretty hard to find an official copy of any non-chinese artist here)

hopefully this is a good sign of the new direction the music scene is going here; now maybe pearl jam will get off their butts and come here, if sonic youth can pull it off you know pearl jam can. shanghai is starting to kick it up a notch in the concert realm; sonic youth, rolling stones, roger waters, eric clapton, james brown, norah jones, the roots, ziggy marley, etc. i don't love all those people but at least they're all on a certain level, so that's means more shows at that level, and that's good for me!

my only fear is that i'm getting my hopes up; quite a few artists have been blocked by the PRC something-or-other ministry, but SY doesn't really have any BLATANTLY political songs, not the kind china freaks out about, so maybe this will go through and i'll be rocking out next month. and the venue they're playing at is AWESOME it's almost like an opera house. i can't wait to see them play a full set!
the bates dynasty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|