View Single Post
Old 08.12.2010, 01:09 AM   #45
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
"the Fear" and I was hooked.......................................and the ending was just a continuation of the beginning, a free-associative loop into infinity, the cruelty of what some of us have experienced, "the Fear"

Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt about. I couldnt NOT associate The Fear with what they were all avoiding, and it gave me the willies. I am curious though about what people think who dont have that influence over their minds.

To anyone who hoped they'd take the dream within a dream etc concept further, what would you have done ? (i dont mean that as an accusation like "if youre so good, why dont you make a movie! sssshh adam) but I'm just curious about what kinds of ideas or inspiration crossed your minds.

Overall, the film was generally a pretty standard formula in terms of an action movie. The only difference was that instead of different teams of people in different geographic locations working simultaneously, the physical space wasnt geographical but on mental planes, so that it wasnt different teams, but the same teams doing a bunch of stuff at once. The wonky bit that makes this all possible is the time slowingness formula.

Did anyone else keep seeing graphs of how you perceived everything progressing in your minds, like images of spirals and stuff ?

Anyway, sorry, I'm just trying to work it all out.

Edit, by the way, I liked the movie a lot! Didnt LOVE, but yeah, it was good! The pacing was so steady (as adam mentioned, the constant motion) that there didnt appear to be any twists. Things just happened in good order and there were really no surprises, I felt like I was held in a perfect balance of anxiety for whats to come and satisfaction for what had gone on the whole time.

The other thing, was that at the end when they're in the airport and they're acting like they dont know eachother but still acknowledging eachother, I kept pointing people out and feeling like "hey guys! hows it going!" like they were my buddies and we had all experienced a crazy trip and that we'd all been through something.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|