View Single Post
Old 09.27.2020, 03:04 PM   #42660
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still primarily a metalhead, but am glad I got to see SY live at least once when they were still together. Even got to meet Thurston later on during a solo show. There's a reason I have the Bad Moon Rising art inked on my right bicep.

I view Sonic Youth with the same amount of warmth which I reflect on my childhood KoRn obsession with. Both groups were pivotal in forming my taste as an adult. Still love weird guitar sounds to death.

Had it not been for Sonic Youth, I'd have never ended up here and explored all the post-punk and shoegaze during my late teens as I did. Hell, even dabbled into the noise scene for a second - got to meet Wolf Eyes and everything!

It's come full circle ultimately. Now I mostly listen to a lot of Deftones. Best of both worlds. Black and doom metal too. Meh.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|