View Single Post
Old 07.24.2007, 09:09 AM   #93
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i saw some video of the pixies in their reunion playing in boston and it was a fucking train wreck, song after song it was a disaster; either frank was too fat and tired (and i don't mean "fat" in a mean way i mean fat in like he is physically incapable of doing shit because of his weight) to really sing, or they played the songs with a lot of disregard for it or (and this is the part i truly could not stand, as the others are products of time and age and can't be avoided) joey santiago, genius texturial guitar, went EVERY FUCKING TIME he needed to play a part to play the wah pedal like if he was tom morello, joey santiago could piss circles around tom morello with no pedals at all, yet he feels the need to use a wah every time a song needs his contributions. what the fuck? the only guy in the band who still plays amazingly is david lovering and they could pull out some songs amazingly, like "monkey gone to heaven".

and this was post coachella, it was filmed last year, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I used to be a real diehard fan some 8 years ago. Nighttime Birds and How To Measure a Planet were absolutely wonderful, then If_then_else were a little bit of a letdown, but after that it was just pure disaster (Souvenirs included).

However, seen them live in 2002 in Prague and they threw in some great show including weird things like theremin etc.

I've heard they have quite a maniacal fanbase in Mexico.

what? souvenirs is genius!!! completely different from nighttime birds but then ntb is different from mandylion, they always did diverse albums.

yes, lots of people are into them in mx, actually, that almost turned me off to check them out, but i did. they used to play here in mexico every year. one of their first tours with anneke they played here, the place sold out and were singing to all their songs, so they decided to come back as much as possible. i never got to see them, every year, i'd say "oh, i'll go next year".
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|