View Single Post
Old 07.24.2007, 05:35 AM   #82
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
whaaaaa? trompe le mond is their best record! sure, bossanova wasn't very good, but damn...

as far as their reunion goes, how can you say they were great before they reunited? they have recorded two songs since reuniting; one a cover and one.. just some throwaway thing no one cares about. also, their live playing is better than ever. so, they actually are better than they've ever been, technically. they have not released a full length record since reuniting, so i'm not sure how you can say they "stink" now. unless the idea of them ever playing their songs for people who never got to the see them before bothers you that much... then, i guess they do "stink".
I can't comment on post-reunion Pixies, as I wasn't interested enough to take any notice. But I can comment on pre-split, as I saw them four times on four different tours, and they were fantastic on the first two, but decidedly lacklustre on the last two. By the last two albums/tours their hearts weren't in it, the band was beset by problems with drugs and with relationships within the band. And the albums contained a few very good songs, but also a lot of very watery stuff. If they had split before recording those last two albums we would have been deprived of, maybe, six decent songs, but they would have finished on an incredible high with a near faultless discography behind them. As it is, they are looked upon as a great band that lost its way.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|