View Single Post
Old 03.04.2014, 01:18 PM   #2490
gambra
bad moon rising

gambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Bill Orcutt
Molloy & Dowling Opticians
Dublin, Ireland
2013-11-03, 3rd November 2013
-
Source: Edirol R-09 inbuilt mics @ 96khz/24bit (Low cut off, Low gain setting) > FLAC 44khz/16bit
Total Running time: 37mins 20secs [159mb]
-
Bill Orcutt is the guitarist of Miami based noise rock trio Harry Pussy and a guitar virtuoso-free improviser in his own right. There’s probably track titles there (he mentions the last track is a cover) but Orcutt plays them in such an abstract form that its impossible to tell.

No that venue isn’t a mistake, the gig was indeed staged in an opticians. Dublin has had a serious lack of a solid venue for underground experimental music to be held for quite some time now, various galleries and random spaces (like this one) host shows for a few months at a time then drop off the map. I know this kind of music is not profitable for anyone concerned, not least the venues & promoters, but the bouncing around of shows all over the place gets tiring. Since taping this show and prepping it for upload (Feb 2014) Molly & Dowlings have stopped shows and they’ve moved on to other venues already..

http://noisenotmusic.wordpress.com/2...lac-recording/

Here's a recording of Bill Orcutt I made back in November, I didn't think the show was particularly good but it sounds pretty good so some of you may be into his acoustic mangling stuff.
gambra is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|