View Single Post
Old 06.16.2009, 03:20 AM   #954
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty Prophet
Maybe by words, but do you ever look at some of the releases from underground groups, especially in the noise circle. I mean c'mon, your really going to release 9 full lengths and several dozen cd-r's, most of which are shit, and could be easily reduced to say two full lengths.

I'm one for production through improvisation and experimentation but shit folks, make your relases count, keep your audience wanting more and please, less filler.

I agree entirely. Way too many bands just try to release way too much to show how "cool" and "innovative" they are. I'd rather hear complete, quality songs rather than a bunch of noise thrown together. Having a bunch of random experimental sounds in it doesn't necessarily make it good. They need structure and arrangement and most underground noise bands seem to not have that, just tons of random and weird song ideas and "experimental" tendencies. Some may like that, but not me.

Again, as already stated: Quality over quantity.... But then again I love Guided By Voices (And Robert Pollard), and they/he have approximately three million songs.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|