View Single Post
Old 05.24.2014, 10:31 AM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You still have to inhale a little bit of the smoke otherwise its too harsh. In fact, if you're not inhaling you're not getting to enjoy to subtle nuances of the flavor because if it being so harsh up front, the flavor comes out of the exhale..

I always thought tobacco was to harsh for glass or pyrex, its really a paper or clay/wood kind of smoke..

i mean it in the clinton "i did not inhale" sense-- don't draw pipe smoke into your lungs (or throat for that matter).

tobacco pipes you puff, but you keep the smoke inside the mouth. just like a cigar. yes, some old hardcore smokers will cheat a little but it's a kind of defect in form that invites all kinds of unpleasantness. also, if the pipe gets wet and you accidentally drip/suck the liquid in your mouth-- nasty. sipping air from a cold pipe is nice though, before relighting.

briar makes the best pipes for my taste, but meerschaum gives you a nice cool burn-- i just don't like the feel of it in the hand. clay is really old school and will work only for little pipes--those also break really easy, so they're not practical--bowl also gets hot. pipe tobacco you really can't smoke on paper-- it's too moist/thick cut (cuts vary, but generally) and it doesn't draw well. corncobs give you a nice sweet smoke but you have to take off the filters when they come with it and they really don't last-- they burn out, the bits are cheap and break, etc-- but they're fun and disposable, good for camping.

briar is really where it's at for me-- when the chamber gets properly burned and develops a nice carbon cake, and it burns cool and sweet and just right, and the bowl is carved with a good rough texture, it's a delicious thing.

this fucking thread is going to make me smoke again.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|