Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.24.2010, 11:03 PM   #1424
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by bischiz
what do you think about the
harem fuzz ??

probably should get a turbo rat first,

or a big muff.

bischiz.

I have a harem fuzz, i must say its great yet not much different than a big muff i think its a close variant to the russian sovtek than the nyc big muff and i prefer the russian tone more. to me the difference is that the harem is abit smoother on the distortion than a sovtek or the sovteks i've heard/used. the circuit board is the same that can be found on general guitar gadgets dot com but some of the components are secretely covered in some black tarry type of stuff so its unknown exactly what the exact differences in component values are (both some capacitors and resistors are covered in goop). its kinda expensive it seems but it is definitely high quality, big muffs in my opinion are not, especially the newer russian sovteks i've had several and gave up on they just have cheap components including plastic jacks and i've found they don't last as long especially with rugged use, so in the long run i decided to go with a harem fuzz and then learned to build my own muff thru generalguitargadgets.com as my backup to my harem.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|