View Single Post
Old 10.12.2008, 10:57 AM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcharan
When I was in high school, I walked into a record store and "Golden Ball" on "Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements" was playing. I was blown away. I felt like it was something I was looking for and finally found. About the same time, I started listening to Sonic Youth, so the two are kind of linked for me. "Transient.." is their most noisy work -- their early albums, Peng, Transient... are the most Kraut rocky, then by "Dots and Loops" you see them getting more into a 'tropical modernist' sound, quoting bossanova, jazz and other forms of music.

if you like o'rourke-era sonic youf and therefore him, you could try cobra and phases etc etc (long title), which he produced & mixed & tweaked.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|