View Single Post
Old 07.14.2011, 08:48 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
good points. I mean, Ferrara has some garbage, but I think he had quite a string of effective films. He's even pretty honest about how shitty a lot of his films are. 'R X-Mas is one of the worst films ever, and I think he even knows it haha.

And I agree, I think directors should collaborate more, though I actually think "Directors" are a bit overrated, in a mainstream sense, because directing IS a big collaboration (talking Hollywood and so on here, not indie dudes who do everything themselves) and so in the end all the credit (and the blame) going towards them is usually ridiculous... I mean, you have a director, a writer, a dp, a cinematographer, a "continuity editor", actors/editors/producers/etc/etc/etc/etc/etc/test audiences and so on. In a way -- depending on the situation/director -- there already is a sense of collaboration... that also equals a loss of control. As you already know. But I figured it was worth stating..

...because Ferrara started sucking when he became -- for lack of a better word -- more mainstream. Same for Scorsese... I dunno. It's all politics.

...But yeah Ferrara's version of INVASION is solid. I think he's got some underrated shit. BLACKOUT, MS. 45, DRILLER KILLER, BAD LIEUTENANT, DANGEROUS GAME.. all great-to-classic imo. Even FEAR CITY is kinda cool in a weird way.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|