View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 01:09 PM   #59
dark globe
empty page

dark globe has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich bin gael
I think the whole "download/listen/burn/delete" culture has caused me to burn out on music in a big way. It's just so overwhelming, and it really makes the music loose it's value, in my opinion. When you can get in in 3 seconds it just ins't as special anymore... the 2 month wait, the drive to the record store at midnight on release that, all of that is becoming obsolete, and that's quite a shame. I mean, let's put this into perspective: last year I bough around 150 albums or so (I have no job, mind you). This yeah, to this day I've bought none. I plan on buying Rather Ripper and a few others, but yeha Last year, I remember distinctly, within a 1 month period 75% of the albums I was looking forward to leaked. It's insane man.

So I'm taking a "break" (though I still listen to lots of music every day), and re-evaluating the way I listen to music. I've been a hypocrite in some ways. I hardly download leaks anymore, so that's one step in the right direction..

That's not to say that downloading is bad, so please don't get me wrong. it's a great way to find new music. But I feel people have misused it a great deal, and have begun to eat away at music culture, as well as the value that music has in general.

interesting.
im the same sort of, havnt bought any new cd's for a long time time now, but to me, i dunno, its more of a quality thing.
there just doesnt seem to be that much music i like anymore, record companies are too happy selling crap, which is based on fads, gimmicks and hype.
not sure if alot of you heard of arctiv monkeys, but these are my current fave band to use as an example.
hailed as revolutionary in the way their PR manager has used MySpace, hailed as amazing by a press with nothing else to write about, but musically crap.
theres very few bands whose upcoming records get me excited now, radiohead, spiritualized, massive attack, SY.....
yet the industry blames downloading and sharing, and i think the industry needs to look at itself and realise it needs to nurture and love good original music regardless of hype/sales/whatever......
dark globe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|