View Single Post
Old 04.03.2012, 07:20 AM   #38
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
well i am just an ignorant kid, but in my opinion..

indie was in its prime back in the late 80's-early 90's.. Surfer Rosa, Daydream Nation, You're Living All Over Me, Slanted & Enchanted, Loveless, Spiderland, etc.

the 00's still had some good stuff, like Is This It, Relationship of Command, Murray Street, Kid A.

but right now it sucks. hopefully it'll get better. maybe we need a really great aggressive rock band to come and destroy all the fake, generic hipsterish stuff.

Agreed. Right now, straight forward (simple? Classic) Indie rock is at an all time low. Every new Indie rock/ pop band just seems like a rehashing of something else. There's good music out there right now, but that genre needs a hero.

I think you underestimate the '00s though. There were a number of bands that, I believe, will be viewed as absolute classics in the coming decades. My own personal feelings aside, I think the big Indie pop groups of the sits will be viewed like we who grew up in the '80s and 90s view Pixies, Pavement, Sebadoh, Yo La Tengo, and so on.

Who was the at the top of the heap in the '00s? Arcade Fire, Deerhunter, Spoon, Wilcox of course, the Stripes ti some degree, Deerhoof, Animal Collective... could have been better, but could have also been far worse.

Of the bigger Indie acts, I think Deerhunter was probably the best to come from the decade. They're transition from noise to post-pop reminds me a little of SY honestly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|