View Single Post
Old 08.03.2015, 10:35 PM   #40020
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
holy fuck ABvB! i've heard that piece before, it's superfamiliar, don't know the name-- but i've heard it slower than you play it, you play it superfast? yes?

lol that you mention fletcher in your comments ha ha ha.

lissen-- whatever you do-- don't rob yourself the joy. i used to have this friend (with dubious benefits) that simply up and quit playing the cello because she claimed she "wasn't good enough". and she played no more. ever. of course she was fucking bananas, too. i fled soon after.

fuck, if i played an instrument like that, i'd be having fun with it. if you have to be the bestest player in the universe before you have fun you're doing it wrong. amirite? what you're doing is superfun, and you got mad skills so SHUT UP FLETCHER. SHUT. THE FUCK. UP. FUCKING FLETCHER.

fletcher is not happy until you bleed all over. fucking psycho.

$40/hr is not steep-- maybe in your area but not the east coast, etc. as for other gigs you could have in college (to dodge debt if you can) once during a james joyce reading (true story) i met this piano guy who made money by playing in bars/hotels. a good gig apparently. well, dc is full of fancy hotels. but still. an idea.

WELL, BREAK A LEG, YOU!

i'm sort of rambling here cuz i gotta go but yeah, congrats on making it.

wheeeeeeeeee

exciting...

thanks dude. it's the third movement of moonlight sonata, the one that no one ever hears because they're so captivated by the first movement. it needs to be played more!

it's really hard for me to believe i'm good enough, after years of being told i never will be. i figure it's a lot like self-esteem, especially in the fact that if you have too much of it, you're oblivious to what needs to be improved, but if you have too little you're kind of stuck down in the mud and unable to help yourself. the latter happened to me back in april and it hit me hard, made me wonder if i even wanna do this, and get told even more i'm not good enough, but the final answer in my head was yes, i do wanna do this.

again, thanks for the kind words.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|