View Single Post
Old 01.16.2008, 03:34 PM   #77
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what everyone who is out to prove or disprove a deity or a soul forgets is that the whole basis of all religions is that they are dependent upon BELIEF. this "belief" is the acceptance that something/someone exists without any proof whatsoever, and with no proof ever forthcoming.
that is FAITH/BELIEF
Due to this it is impossible to refute religion or spirituality. That makes it the most succesful con game ever pulled on humanity

humans as we know it are less than 200 thousand years old. That is not enough time to totally eradicate the purely animalistic aspects of our brains. religion and spirituality are a byproduct of our immensely capable and self-aware minds trying to grasp "feelings/emotions" that make us think there is something greater than ourselves. there is not. it is all just human words and concepts used to describe emotions and fears left over from our million years as savannah dwelling primates.