View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 01:30 PM   #39
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Some good points here -- it's INSANE to watch mainstream films from the 70's; been watching lots of Sidney Lumet lately.. y'know, Network, Dog Day Afternoon, and so on.. and they're great, but they feel like they're from ANOTHER FUCKING PLANET compared to films coming out nowadays.

Really, I don't think a film like The Godfather could even exist today. It's so bizarre. There really aren't any directors crafting films in that style anymore. It seems like movies nowaday go overboard on music, cutting, etc.

I've also noticed music is simpler. Listen to popular "classic rock" songs; hell, listen to pop hits from 80's. Those songs are downright complex, they're fucking MATH ROCK compared to the forgettable, simple, disposable pop songs on the radio today.

We live in an age that shouldn't exist, pure fucking sensory overload, and everything is being designed to get in, do its thing and make money, then get the fuck out. SIMPLICITY. Everything is simple, direct, and meant to constantly entertain in obvious ways. Disposable, forgettable garbage...

I agree 100% with this, but seeing Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (which is overload at some points, but that's the beauty of it) and hearing Mastodon does give me hope.

Granted, Mastodon aren't a pop band and Scott Pilgrim has bombed at the box office, but they have made money...