View Single Post
Old 12.05.2018, 07:10 PM   #40811
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
One of the junior reporters just quit at my newspaper so now I have the lovely job of convincing corporate that, yes, we need to fill the position, and no, we can’t split his duties between the remaining staff (which is just me, the other editors and one newbie at this point) and to find someone to take the job.

Yay.

Luckily, this person was not a hard-working or committed journalist, and almost anyone who comes on board will do a better job, boosting the net quality of the publication.

But FUUUUCK now the rest of us have to do that person’s job, in addition to our own, while cajoling corporate, interviewing new candidates and trying to avoid more cuts.

Yay. Fuck. Yay.
Show me how LinkedIn is supposed to work.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|