Thread: Lou Reed RIP
View Single Post
Old 12.31.2013, 03:15 PM   #96
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Just listened Metal Machine wholly first time in my life. I loved it totally (believe me or not but to me it was really great way to relax after hard work day)! I really liked also Sally Canīt Dance although it is very different comparing it to Metal Machine. I think SCD is almost as great as Transformer & Berlin. But at the moment Metal Machine is best solo Reed Iīve heard! Next Coney Island...

MJ, you are now ready to dig the, um, "organic" version of Metal Machine Music, if you haven't already:

Lou Reed & Zeitkratzer - Metal Machine Music - 2002-03-20 Venice - reseed

There's also an official CD+DVD set (not of this exact performance, of course), but a minty copy commands big bucks on the Interhole (God-DAMMIT am I sick of out-of-print releases...). Watch out for a solo for the ages by Lou on the third movement! If you can't download stuff via Dime, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Now, a couple of related questions for the board: 1.- A few years ago, Lee mentioned he'd written a piece for Zeitkratzer - does anybody know if this baby can be heard somewhere? 2.- Back to MMM, "on December 01 Zeitkratzer performed the final, so far unreleased part of Metal Machine Music in their Berlin concert as a tribute to Lou" - no recording has surfaced yet? Really? Crap!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|