View Single Post
Old 12.19.2006, 10:36 AM   #23
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I sold out pretty hard for a few years and made a pretty good living playing '80s hit music in a club in Olympia WA. Sure it was sort of "ironic", and I snuck in stuff off of Goo and Ciccone Youth and even Husker Du or the Pistols on occasion, but the bread and butter was Madonna, Prince, Wham, Human League, ad nauseum. Coming from someone who spent the '80s saying how shit that stuff was (aside from Madonna who I always liked "ironically") I'm sure it was a sell out. What I learned though is that even in that realm there was room for creativity, and that making people happy, even playing stupid music, is a pretty cool job. And it's easier to get laid playing the Cure in a dance club than playing your own music in empty bars...
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|