View Single Post
Old 05.29.2013, 03:50 PM   #1
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
There's a lengthy interview by Keith Cameron with Thurston in Mojo magazine (out in the UK now). It covers his youth, SY's entire career, Kurt Cobain, not much new, but does give a much more positive spin on the 'future of Sonic Youth' question.

"There's nobody in the core band of me, Kim, Lee and Steve saying that this will never exist again.. It's not to the point where Sonic Youth will never perform again - nobody's every said that and I don't forsee anyone saying that. Sonic Youth is completely defining for all four of us, professionally and emotionally, but it is a mystery because we don't know where we're gonna be at in the next couple of years"

It doesn't really change anything, and obviously doesn't mean everyone else in SY feels the same, but it's notably more positive than anything Moore's said previously.

I don't have a scanner and it's not online, sorry.
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|