View Single Post
Old 09.19.2017, 06:37 AM   #4749
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i read multiple reviews of that book and feel like "nothing to see here". in the sense that there are no new ideas advanced by it, but rather it's a compendium of common knowledge plus some errors (see the review on "the guardian" for a list of gaffes).

no new ideas except for maybe the bit about humans rallying around fictions. that's a great model to see things. human rights as religion, sure. but do i need to read 500 pages to grasp that? nope. it's immediately graspable, thanks-- next?

i sort of don't believe in books anymore. sad but true. all that fattening of pages for what could take 2.

And that's just negated everything you said before. Some things aren't as easy as a two page summary. That's like saying you get all the information you need about the news from Twitter.

There are books out there that will focus purely on the rise of capitalism, others focusing on the idea of animal rights and that's fine. But that's not what this book set about to do, as the title hints at. If anything, books like Sapiens help the reader push where to focus onto next.

Just cos one person knows all about the dawn of man and the change from foraging to agriculture doesn't mean the next is.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|