View Single Post
Old 11.10.2016, 12:31 PM   #1719
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
If anyone wants to keep hope alive and fuck with their own head, consider this:

Trump hasn't technically won. The election isn't over until December 19, when the electoral college casts their votes.

In 30 states, they are legally obliged to vote with the majority. The remaining 20 are not.

There has never been an electoral college "revolt" but a lot of shit that's never happened has happened this cycle.

Hm.....

Yes, I've been wondering whether or not I should even bother entertaining this.

You're talking about "faithless electors," and I would be more likely to champion this last ditch effort if HRC had polled higher with white American males on T-Day.

Faithless electors have never swayed an election. I don't think a single one of these votes has been cast since the early '00s. With men preferring men to women, and men making up most of the electorate, it seems like a silly thing to hold out hope for.

That said, I suppose now would be the time to organize a mass protest. The electoral college is sworn to appoint a candidate with sufficient qualifications to hold and execute the position of Commander-in-Chief. They will be essentially neglecting to perform their sole constitutional purpose by upholding the electoral vote count for Trump.

But imagine the rebound in four years if Big Gov't were to put HRC in office. We'd be so fucked.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|