View Single Post
Old 10.18.2012, 07:01 PM   #257
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Actually, no. And interestingly enough I was just bumping the Score ten minutes go and was thinking quite the opposite, how off her cadence was. She had good lyrical content, but she was a terrible rapper, hence why she went solo to be a singer. I do love me some Lauren Hill, but more so as a person and less so as a musician

I know what you mean, but I think we feel that way because at this point we are far more familiar with Lauryn Hill than we are with Lauryn and the Fugees.

Still, the Score was one of the albums that defined my late teens and I think it's one of the best albums of the 90s. Not top 10 best, but nobody who grew up in that decade would leave it out of the top 50. Nobody with any sense anyway. Even if its for nostalgia a sale alone, I will never forget that album. "ready or not," despite some embarrassing lyrics, is one of my favorite singles.

Incidentally, I get the urge to listen to "Ghetto Superstar" more than anything by Lauryn or the Fugees. I know that's bloody ridiculous, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|