View Single Post
Old 07.30.2010, 04:14 PM   #897
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i spotted this yesterday, watched it online on ESPN3, game started around 6:51 my time (7:51 texas, 8:51 EST) -- was this an online delay or was it real time?

anyway, the game got a bit dull after the first 2 manchester goals, but what goals! allstars change the rhythm in their favor but couldn't score. then things picked up again in the 2nd half.

allstars was a bit of a mess, i mean, it's not a real team, and there were so many changes it was hard to keep up who was playing.

a couple of the manchester u goals were beautiful though, holy shit, that free kick was impossible for the goalie to stop, over the barrier and next to the goalpost with spin, wow, and cleverley's play for the goal was nothing short of gorgeous. good times. ah, if we had teams like that here!

I've noticed a lot more pubs showing pre-season friendlies this year. It's almost like a sweetener following the poor taste left by England's poor showing in the World Cup. Sky obviously want to market their product as a top quality one and want to erase the bad memories of their flagship brands like Rooney by showing them 'back on form'. It's gonna be really interesting to see just how a number of star players are going to be received by supporters once the season actually starts. There's a real despondency about English football and footballers across the country now, and it's gonna be interesting seeing how the marketing men deal with it.

England was definitely guilty of having an arrogance about the quality of its players but this was fueled largely by our media hyping them almost as superhuman. The public won't buy that now and companies like Sky, with massive business interests in the Premier league will find it hard to overcome that. Even if Rooney ends up as top scorer, there'll be a new ambivalence about him that Sky certainly won't have had to deal with before. I'm expecting that Rupert Murdoch is brushing up on his Spanish right now.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|