View Single Post
Old 11.20.2010, 03:32 AM   #13301
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Surrogates

7/10, I guess

I get what they were trying to say about how even though modern technology allows us to communicate more (email, texting, cell phones, etc.), we're still not really connecting with the people we're trying to communicate with unless we actually take the time to actually physically be with them, but they kind of sabotaged their credibility by letting Breaking Benjamin do the main theme. The acting was kind of stilted at times, but I chalked it up to the characters being robots and trying to further the whole "disconnected" angle. I have to say I saw the whole "twist" regarding the leader of the anti-surrogates a mile away, though. Overall, probably a better film than its box office returns would've suggested, but still not a standout in its particular genre.