View Single Post
Old 12.10.2008, 07:46 AM   #102
Santa's Monkey
little trouble girl

Santa's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
i'm new to it so lately i've been listening to jim o'rourke's pieces. i love his laptop pieces like Long Night and Despite The Water Supply. is there any similar drone artists that someone can recommend me?

Of the drone artists I am aware of, I'd say the most similar to Long Night would be Mirror or Andrew Chalk. Most of Mirror's stuff is daft-rare but a few blog searches should reap rewards - that said it's reasonably easy to obtain a couple of the albums they made when J O'R was part of their line up - Still Valley and Die Spiegelmanufaktur. Andrew Chalk was in Mirror but his solo stuff after they broke up is along pretty similar lines and is quite gorgeous.

Jim's Mizu No Nai Umi is a nice bit of extended drone too.
Santa's Monkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|