View Single Post
Old 10.03.2013, 02:11 PM   #982
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

Kendrick is coming like a freight train. He's got the "real"/genuine article "only rapper that matters" vibe down so completely?

What sad for rap is this is true, but I don't think its true in the way you are asserting. True, there are plenty of conscious, substantive, and intelligent rappers and MCs out there, but they are not as relevant or mainstream. Its not the Fugees or Common were of rap like the late-1990s to early-2000s, we are in the hedonistic revival. Now, it would make Eazy E happy except for the fact that Eazy E was a sincere and genuine low-life, these ninjaz in rap today are strictly studio personas.. That whole "kenrdick diss" was the weakest shit I heard hyped in ten years. It was three lines, 25 seconds, and it wasn't even has as obnoxious as the shit talking on Odd Future records. Hit Em Up it wasn't, in fact, I had to listen to it three times to even see who was being supposedly dissed..

There isn't room for conscious rap in the mainstream, its why Killah Priest's record wasn't well received at all, even though its got 40 tracks and big names, but its to niche. Its why Kanye isn't even pretending to like he was with that Jesus Walks scheme, in Eddie Murphy terms Kanye and all the rap is out there, " "dick, swinging."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|